Sunday, April 10, 2011

black sideboard + nailhead mirror

After the previous black fiasco, I managed to procure some black high gloss paint (from a Benjamin Moore Store!  In latex! Without an attitude! Who knew such a thing was possible?).  Despite my children giving me the stomach plague this weekend, I managed to get a few coats on the sideboard.

Before we had a white sideboard with red handles, and two vintage travel posters.



Now it looks like this:





The mirror was from Lowe's a few years ago and has been sitting in my attic for a while.  It had a dull and rough silverleaf finish, with a nailhead trim effect around the edge.  I wanted more gold, however, so I gave it a very very light misting of gold spraypaint. Now its a not quite silver, not quite gold color.

I have been informed that our household is at the max capacity for mirrors.  One more mirror will throw the universe into chaos.



I'd have plans to add some hardware to the sideboard, but I'm still looking. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your space! I would say hardware on the sideboard would be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That looks great! Love it with the mirror. Try http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/ for hardware -- tons of options at very reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Even if MY opinion doesn't seem to matter and all you want is Jess's. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!