Wednesday, May 9, 2018

One Room Challenge, Week Six: Parlor Reveal

Its the final week of the One Room Challenge, and my front parlor is (mostly) done.


You can read the process of the last few weeks: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3 and 4, and Week 5.

Lets remember where we started from: dingy khaki walls, miles of pine trim, chair railing, boob light, paper shades, no furniture.


After lots of paint and some new furniture, we have this:



The blue sofa is delightfully soft and cushy to sit on.  Although I originally planned the room around the alabaster chiang mai dragon colorway, I am kind of digging the aquamarine at the moment.




The front door was painted blue.


Actually, I have slapped a coat of cobalt blue paint on about half the doors on the first floor.  (The front door, the closet doors, the two mudroom doors, the media center, a small dresser, two nightstands....nothing has escaped this blue.)



 I would really like to put different hardware on this little gray table, or a nice tassel on the pulls, but I remain paralyzed with indecision on what to get.


I have had these red handles since....hmm, 2010? They seem like a nice pop of color against the blue.


I have had these two bamboo frames from a thrift shop for years.  Two houses ago they were in the downstairs bathroom with two scraps of chiang mai dragon fabric in them.  I am looking for some art, but nothing has struck my fancy, so I shall persevere and find something eventually.



We also installed ceiling fans in nearly every room in the house.   For the parlor we used a Minke Aire Wave fan.


I'm so happy with how this room turned out.

arch mirror / gray table / blue basket (no longer available, similar basket in white) / ottoman / ikea red + white pillow / white side tables / red lamp / pelmet / fan / peacock mirror (Pier One, discontinued) / rug (vintage from ebay) / red chair (Crate and Barrel Odeon chair, discontinued)

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    It looks fabulous - and definitely like your house. I never tire of seeing the dragon print and rather like it in the aquamarine. The doors also look great in cobalt. Enjoy your space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, t! I also never tire of that dragon fabric...I have it in so many places.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love your colors! Happy to see the red chair again, and I really like it with the blue sofa. And the door! Really goes to show you the power of paint. It looks like such a rich, happy spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love the rest of the house then...nearly the entire house is red, white and blue! It is a happy spot, I spend so much time in there. Actually, the whole downstairs is feeling pretty good. If only I could get the energy to clean up and take pictures in order to put them on the blog.

      Delete
    2. I know how much effort good pictures of rooms take. Don't sweat it.

      Delete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!