Monday, March 2, 2015

red dresser in the foyer

The dresser that we use in our front hallway for hats and gloves has gotten a bit dinged up over the past two years.  I can't seem to find a head-on picture, but here is a bit of it:


Remember a few years ago I painted the dresser with 11 coats of different blues, and there was no way to replicate the paint mixture to fix all the dings.

I've been wanting to paint it red for a while now.



You can also see that I took down the gallery wall for staging the house (sad face).


I liked it better blue.  I have some leftover paint of the color that I painted the door in the above picture (unknown color match, but it is a deep purply blue), or I can paint it the Behr Deep Cobalt Blue (the blue from the painting in my bedroom--much more mid-toned blue).  

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! The red is....fine....but I think I liked the sheen of the blue better, because the old color was an enamel paint. The red is an eggshell (the piece is getting pretty dented, so I was hoping to hide the flaws), but I think the glossier finish is just a better look.

      Delete
  2. Wait and see what colour would be best for the chest when you get to your new place. The red is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the gallery wall that you took down for staging! Clearly I don't get around much ;) but I've never seen the middle justification (is that what you'd call it?) of the edges of the frames down the middle, which is really a nice look!

    I'm with Alana - the red is nice for now, and you can always repaint when you get to your new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I will probably repaint when I get to the next house, or maybe that red will look super fabulous and I'll leave it alone. Waiting is the hardest part.

      Delete
  4. Just wanted to leave a quick comment to say hi. The new blog is great! I'm following along but not often able to comment (I'm usually on my phone with one hand, baby in the other). Hope you are well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that red dresser! the house looks amazing, too!!!! love the style!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!