Thursday, October 17, 2013

missed opportunities

Lately I've had a number of craigslist items that just haven't worked out.  For instance, this delightful blue velvet sectional.  Sadly, the long arm is on the right side, and I need a left-side sectional.  No matter how I arrange this sofa in my living room, it would either block the fireplace, or block all access to the dining room. 


Sad face.

For months (years) I have been stalking craigslist for a low loft bunk bed.  Today I came across this Room and Board bunk bed on craigslist for less than a quarter of its retail price:


Score, right? I drove down to check it out.  It was a little scuffed, but my kids will beat it up anyways, so that wasn't an issue.  What was an issue was the weight.  It weighs One Million Pounds.  As in, I couldn't even lift it off the ground.  There is no way the Mister and I would get it from this guy's garage, into our minivan, into our house, up the stairs, and into the boys' bedroom.  This one has me gnashing my teeth.  I looked into moving companies but it will cost a few hundred dollars, and I'm also a little worried that the bed might not make it through the doorway into the bedroom because the top bunk is all one piece (the legs don't come off, which makes it sort of unwieldy.  And a gazillion pounds.).

Have you bought anything awesome on craigslist lately?  I can't seem to get anything to work out.  

1 comment:

  1. That sectional looks pristine.....sorry. I look all the time, but I haven't seen anything worth driving for. And let's not mention how the seller never gets back to you in a timely fashion...or at all.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!