Monday, April 21, 2014

Adding electrical stuff: let there be light

Last summer I had an electrician come out to give us an estimate on a large list of items. Most of the items were putting in overhead lights (we have none), fans, and sockets.  Last week (ten months later) I finally called him back to get started on a few things.  

We had fans installed in the master bedroom, dining room, and family room.  Not the sexiest decor choice, but it gets warm here.  

It turned into a goat rodeo.


But after six trips to Home Depot, it was all good. 




One thing that I am really happy with is the hallway can lights.  Previously the dark hallway was lit by one enormous sized can light that held a twenty-watt bulb.  I didn't take a before picture, but in the below picture you can see the new can light and the size of the hole that was left by the old fixture. 



We switched out the large can light for a regular one that could hold a higher wattage bulb, and added a can light on either end of the hallway.  

Ta-DA!!!



I am super in love with ALL THE LIGHT.  Woot woot.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!