Friday, September 27, 2013

where to put the horses painting

While in Jersey last week, a friend told me that the realtor who sold our old house has opened a vintage furniture shop.  Since I was in the area, I dropped in for a peek, and oh my heavens, its a good thing I don't live there anymore, because I would be in there pretty much every day.  The store is called Dig This, and it is full of really cool vintage and midcentury modern stuff.

I was smitten by two large-ish paintings.  I bought them.  Yes, I bought paintings when I was 3000 miles from home and had no means of transporting them.  But I loved them, and I believe in buying art that speaks to you if you can afford it, so I did, and I had them shipped out to California. I am still waiting for them to arrive.

I bought one of the paintings knowing that it would be perfect for the Princess's room.  The other painting, however, I bought because I liked it, but not knowing where it would go.  Its a very bright splatter picture of abstract-ish horses.  I don't have exact measurements but its probably about 24 x 36 or so.

I still haven't quite figured out where it will go.  I don't think it will go well with my master bedroom, although I'll try it in there when it arrives.  There is no spot for it in the living room, although it might work in the dining room over the game cabinets.  It would be fabulous in the downstairs bathroom but I've already got art in there I really like.

It might work in the upstairs bathroom.  I have plans to repaint that bathroom soon.

The other place it would be fabulous in would be the guest bedroom over the bed, and whee, a whole new decorating scheme or two!


I have been wanting these Nate Berkus comforters from Target for a while now. I've been waiting for them to go on clearance, but they appear to be ready to just sell out at full price and never get marked down ever.  I love both the orange and the navy, and either would work well with the painting.  I could move the pink ombre dresser into this room, since it is currently underutilized in Princess's closet.

My usual M.O. is to have solid color bedding and colorfully patterned curtains.  I think with a patterned comforter I would probably do a plain white curtain.

I will just have to wait till it arrives and carry it around from room to room to see what looks best, I guess.  

3 comments:

  1. that painting is AMAZING and i love with the dark bedding so it really pops and stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    the picture is gorgeous - I am sure you will find (make) the perfect spot for it .
    Kind Regards
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the painting! It is fun and colorful and has all that movement, plus it's got horses! Good buy! You'll probably find many places it will go, if not send it to me!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!