Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Downstairs bathroom {Calling it all done}: Lady Vader art

A few weeks ago I was lamenting the lack of fresh art in my house.  My sister saw this Lady Vader piece on Centsational Girl's weekend roundup and sent me the link.  I bought it immediately for my powder room.  Sister bought it for her powder room too.  We have matching powder rooms!


I bought the 11x17 print and had it custom matted in a 16 x 20 frame at Aaron Brothers.  You can buy an 11x17 frame easily at Target or Michaels, but for some reason it is not a standard size with a mat.  I felt the picture needed to be a bit bigger on the wall, so I went with a custom mat.

One reason I liked it so much, beyond the funny juxtaposition of old lady wearing Darth Vader's head, is the colors go perfectly in my pale pink bathroom with the green and coral pelmet.


This also gave me the nudge I needed to finally finish painting the mirror from electric grellow to a cheery apple-ish/olive-ish green.  (Rustoleum no-name green spray paint.)


You can see the old chiang mai dragon art that was previously in the bathroom here.

I had big plans to paint the vanity, but I think I'm going to leave it as is.  While I'm not terribly excited about it, it looks fine and is functional.  The biggest reason is I just don't have time for that at the moment or at any time in the near future. So!  I'm calling Phase I of this bathroom All Done.  Phase II will be gutting it completely, but that's a ways away yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!