Tuesday, September 2, 2014

blue and white dining chairs, my grandmother's paintings in the dining room

When we moved in a year ago, I had big plans to paint a bunch of furniture, including the wood dining chairs.



That never happened.

This weekend, I decided that I would tackle one painting project. Preferably a project where I already had all the supplies on hand. The two shield back chairs seemed like the easiest way to get started.

I'm not going to show any closeups, because I did not sand these chairs, or make even the smallest effort to prep the chairs for painting. I just sprayed them with two coats of primer and two coats of white paint, and reupholstered the seats in a blue pleather that I picked up a year ago for this project.






I like the lighter, more colorful touch the white and blue adds.

I also added some art.  I don't think that I ever posted about it, but I bought three 16x20 frames and hung them over the white cabinets.  With the packaging picture still in them. No actual art. That hung there for about three or four months.

When I was home for my grandmother's funeral, my aunt gave me a color copy of two of my grandmother's watercolor paintings.


I will get them professionally matted when I get another of Grandma's paintings for the third frame.  I put one of her smaller paintings in the frame as a placeholder.


I love the smaller painting, actually, especially since it has her commentary on it.  "Umbrella good, head screwed on wrong."



Last but not least, I took down the curtains over the sliding doors in the dining room and the eat in area.


The curtains looked sloppy and never really worked.  Not sure what (if anything) will be replacing them. Perhaps a pelmet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!