Monday, November 1, 2010

bedroom before

In our old house, our master bedroom was on the small side.  The tiny closet wasn't deep enough to close the door on a full-size hanger, so we had three Ikea armoires along one wall.  That left room for one dresser and our bed.  (And that was a bit cramped.)

When we moved up here into our new apartment, our new bedroom was quite a bit bigger.  However, the only bedroom furniture we had was our king size bed and one dresser.  Since we moved here 3 weeks after Princess was born, we also had her crib in our room.  I had very little in the way of ideas of what to do with the room design-wise.

I reclaimed another dresser from the boys room, bought some nightstands, tried to make a sitting area, got some art....but I was still in my BRIGHT COLORS phase, and it just never looked right. I also just didn't have the energy to figure out what to do with the room.

Here's what it looked like before I redid it.  I'll post the after in the next post.


Enter Kelly + Olive.  I came across their website on Apartment Therapy, liked their portfolio, and hired them to redo my bedroom.  I would upload the mood board they sent me because it rocks, but that kind of technology is beyond me. (Its a pdf and apparently I have to use some kind of embedded code? I think? I am a Luddite. Its a wonder I can turn on the computer by myself.)

Next up, the after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!