Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Meme

The same meme as last year, as taken from Jive Turkey.   I cannot figure out why the spacing and formatting on this is so wacky, so enjoy the huge spaces/no spaces format.  If you did this meme as well, tell us in the comments so we can read yours.  


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Take a design class at Parsons.  Live with rats. 


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um, no I did not.  And yes, I probably will make new ones.  


3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 
No, no babies this year. 


4. Did anyone close to you die? 
No, thank goodness. 


5. What places did you visit? 
We vacationed in Costa Rica. 

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? 
I'd like to move back to south Jersey.  


7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

February 14, the Mister bought me a sofa
July 1, we moved
November 22nd, a really sucky day

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
uh....I don't think I had any big achievements this year. I started a design course that I was really interested in taking but ended up quitting it 3/4 of the way through, so its not exactly an achievement. I've lived in a house with rats for the last two months without being admitted to a mental institution, so I guess that's an achievement.  
9. What was your biggest failure?
Sigh.  I did not go back to work. I did not kill all these damn rats.  I cannot quit the cookies.  



10. Did you suffer illness or injury? 
Yep, sprained my neck for the four thousandth time.  


11. What was the best thing you bought? 
A sofa and some chiang mai dragon pillows.  



12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Mister, my biggest source of support. 
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? 
Eh, not going there.
14. Where did most of your money go? 
moving, the kids, eating out
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? 
My sofa! My chiang mai dragon pillows! Yes, I am a shallow, materialistic person. Noted.  Moving on. 
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Anything by Adele.  Dynamite by Taio Cruz, as my kids request it 40,000 times an hour whenever we get in the car.  Countdown, by Beyonce, because ooh I think I love that boy, do anything for that boy. 
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?  Sadder
b) thinner or fatter?  hahahaha, fatter, without a doubt. I was shopping for elastic waist pull-on pants earlier this evening. 
c) richer or poorer?  richer



18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleeping, playing with the kids
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? 
Spent less time worry about stuff I have zero control over.  Eating less cookies.  
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? 
Last year? In 2011 or 2010? The answer is the same, regardless--Christmas Eve was the Feast of the Seven Fishes with the Mister's family, and Christmas Day is spent with my family.  
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? 
No.


22. What was your favorite TV program? 
Downton Abbey, Fringe, Justified.   Love me some Timothy Olyphant. 
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2011?
Had some cake with the kids and my mother in law.  
24. What was the best book you read? 
Well, I reread the Harry Potter series eight times this year.  
25. What did you want and get? 
A sofa, and chiang mai pillows. I notice a pattern here.  
26. What did you want and not get? 
Escape to South Jersey. 
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
The only movie I saw this year was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, so I guess that makes it my favorite.


28. Did you make some new friends this year? 

Nope. 
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 
Moving back to South Jersey.   Going back to work.  Making some friends. 


30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? 
Same as 2010--Dowdy.  Frumpy. Sweatpantsy.  However, I am in the midst of overhauling my wardrobe, and while I would never describe myself as fashionable, I am attempting to weed out the raggedy, dumpy, paint-covered outfits and replace them with items that are at least clean and don't have holes in them.  


31. What kept you sane? 
This blog. Decorating.  Reading all of your blogs.   

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? 

That Ryan Gosling tumblr is awesome.  (Although the tumblr itself is safe for work, the name of the tumblr starts with the F word, so maybe not safe for work?)

33. What political issue stirred you the most? 
The ridiculous property taxes paid by New Jerseyans (do any of you readers in the rest of America pay $12,000 in property taxes for a three bedroom, 1 bath crackhouse on an eighth of an acre?) and the dearth of good school systems paid for by those taxes. 
34. Who did you miss? 
Again, all of Burlington and Camden County.  

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.

Worrying over stuff you can't control just makes you crazy and sad.  

2 comments:

  1. I love how the sofa plays such a large role in this post. :-)

    If you find a way to lessen the worrying, let me know, kay?

    Also - on the taxes front - there are suburbs of Cleveland that have similarly ridiculous taxes. My husband and I loved one of those suburbs and found a couple of potential places we might have bought except we didn't want to pay $10-$12K in taxes each year. CRAZY. I... feel for you. That SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- love it! You are hilareous- and the cookies killed me too this year for sure?! How is it that I weigh more now than when I was 6 months pregnant with my first baby?!
    Hope this year is a good one for you! I enjoy being your blog-friend:)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!