Thursday, February 16, 2012

pretty dresses

One thing I am looking forward to in California is the weather, and thus the opportunity for me to look reasonably attractive.  I have quite a few rules about clothing.  My main issues revolve around finding comfortable shoes, and comfortable pants.  These two things are impossible to find in any stylish fashion, and I wear sweatpants and sneakers from September till May. 

In the summer, however, I look kinda cute.  I wear low-heeled t-strap sandals and swingy jersey dresses, and I look fairly put together.  A year-round warm climate means I should look at least 50% less frumpy on a daily basis.  Although I checked the weather report for the past week and LA has been windy, rainy and 57 degrees.  Hmph.

I am on the hunt for some pretty dresses, but am coming up short.  I want a cotton jersey, to the knee, straps thick enough to the hide the over the shoulder boulder holder, washable, doesn't need to be ironed dress.  And I want to pay less than $40 for it.  (I'd like to pay $20, but I'll go up to $40.) 

This dress does not exist. 

I tried on 400 dresses today.  Ok, maybe not 400, but it felt like it.  I can tell you that navy blue and horizontal stripes are popular this year.  I can also tell you that I prefer horizontal stripes on my curtains, not on my posterior. 

If I were going to spend a gazillion dollars, I would buy a few of these:

via Boden
via Talbots

via Talbots
I did manage, however, to find some cute shoes.
via Talbots


5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I do like that red dress from Talbots. Now I'm thinking that I may need to check it out and hope for a sale! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like you have 50 pairs of those shoes already. although none in kelly green yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dresses and I love those shoes. My sister in law bought a pair of shoes just like those a few years ago from the Gap, I think, and I've always wanted a pair.
    Dress hunting is the pits isn't it? Have you tried TJ Maxx? I once bought a dress at Nordstrom for $100 and went to TJ Maxx the same day and found the exact same dress for $39. Needless to say I returned the one from Nordstrom. They actually are very current with their merchandise and you can find something in your price range.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes! I got a dress a couple years ago from Target that matches all your specs. Fingers crossed they'll carry something similar this spring...I only have one in black and wish I had others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like TJ Maxx and Ross for deals. Lands End sometimes has cute, wearable dresses. I know you are super busy apartment hunting in California, but if you need a little distraction, I've tagged you in a game on my blog. Stop by to see the details if you have time. If not, I totally understand. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!