Friday, August 9, 2013

Sunburst art in the dining room

I've been on the lookout for a large piece of art for the dining room, but have not seen anything I've been excited about.  Then I saw this and this, and thought I would try making it.  





At first I tried freehanding it.  That didn't turn out well, but I figured out my mistake fairly quickly.


Then I got out a ruler, started making straight intersecting lines, off-centered slightly to the left.  I just used leftover paints from the garage.


Once I painted over the original mistake and penciled all the lines, it was a fairly quick and easy project.


8 comments:

  1. i LOVE it! the scale and colors- so you and so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm all about some DIY canvas art :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! GREAT color! Your little tennis balls on your chairs are so fun. My grandmother had those exact chairs. I miss them. They were so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!

    I've been reading, but on my phone so haven't been able to comment. Just wanted to say hi!

    Happy weekend!

    Jenny

    http://simcoestreet.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great with those colorful curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone--its funny how the leftover paint in my garage matched the living room curtains, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!