Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Week of (Nearly) Zero Decorating: the Dining Room

Hey! The mysterious disappearance of my blog header means now threaded commenting works, which it never did before.  Interesting, eh?

**************

Last we saw the dining room, I had just purchased an oak buffet that I was going to paint a bright, cheery color.



I've since changed my mind about that oak buffet; it was feeling a bit too traditional, and I wanted something more modern.  I sold it on Craigslist.  Instead I brought in two half Billy bookshelves from the garage, and turned it into our game cabinet.






This room actually was zero dollar decorating; everything in here was already owned.  This arrangement of the bookshelves on this side of the room is temporary; eventually this spot will probably have a large piece of art and there will be storage on the other side of the room.  For now, however, I like how the white bookshelves feel brighter and take up less visual space than the heavy oak buffet.  I think I finally have an idea of what I'd like to do in here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!