Thursday, December 23, 2010

Behold, the power of the internets

Ask and ye shall receive!  Post a rant about the lack of Christmas card in your mailbox, and lo and behold, within 48 hours you will get fifteen more cards!  Some of them may be from your dentist and your accountant, but hey, a card is a card.

********

This afternoon I was perusing a Betty Crocker Christmas cookie cookbook, trying to find some no-nut cookies that aren't chocolate chip (they don't exist), when I came across a recipe for gingerbread men.  I can't see gingerbread cookies without laughing.

When I was about 12 or so, one of my aunts made gingerbread cookies at Christmas to give to her colleagues. At the time, she was working at a religious charity. I  think she left them laying out on the table at my grandmother's house overnight.  One of my uncles came home late at night from his job as a cook, saw the gingerbread men, and got to work.  When my aunt woke up in the morning, she discovered a veritable x-rated army of generously endowed gingerbread ladies, replete with cherry gumdrop nipples. Many of them were engaging in vigorous activities, like bike-riding and jumping rope.  (Sadly, I don't have any pictures of this.) It was really quite creative.  My aunt was NOT HAPPY at the thought of giving large-breasted cookies to her religious charity coworkers.

*********
While the previous two soups were delicious, the escarole soup was...edible.  We ordered pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!