Saturday, December 25, 2010

Feast of the Seven Fishes

The Mister's family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve, with the Feast of the Seven Fishes.  Its hours and hours of delicious food. The first Christmas I spent here I ate my fill of the antipasti course.  Much to my dismay, I discovered there were six more courses.  I waddled away from that meal and didn't eat for three days.  

This year we actually had eight fishes instead of the traditional seven.  All of them were excellent. The boys went with Nonno to the fish market to help pick out the fish.  The boys got to pick crabs out of a bin, which they have been talking about for days.

antipasti 
anchovies with escarole, artichokes
mushrooms, cod with tomatoes, olives and cheeses
octopus, sardines
bacala, shrimp, eel

And the piece de resistance, lobster sauce

It appears I did not take pictures of the dessert course.  (Pumpkin bread pudding, cookies, cream cookies, cannolis, ice cream).

Lots of presents were opened:


A lovely time was had by all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!