Friday, August 31, 2012

more happy things!

Some more happy things I forgot to mention yesterday:

1. I am going to visit my new nephew this weekend!


I can't wait to see him, and my family.

2. And I'm flying all by myself.  Decadence, I tell you.  I love flying on airplanes by myself; I usually get through at least two books.  I don't have any books currently put aside though.  Any recommendations on what to read?  I like to read books with happy endings and I hate reading about bad things happening to children.  Go!

3.   I'm also supposed to go to a Bruce Springsteen concert on Monday night with my sister and parents (yay! I love Bruuuuuuuuce!), although the forecast is for thunderstorms.  Cross your fingers for no storms, since its an outdoor venue.

4. After months of indecision, I finally pointed at random and picked a case for my iphone.


Deja vu?  Do you think this is a pattern I really like and already have in my house?


5.  I don't have to pay to fix our broken AC unit.  This is not entirely happy (see again, AC IS BROKEN WE ARE HOT SEND ICE AND FANS), but at least our rental is managed by a fairly responsive management company that sent someone the same day to fix it, and hopefully we will have the new part by tomorrow.  And I don't have to pay for it.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love flying by myself!! It is true, I can read ... I even have purchased GOGO on long flights for $10.00 so I can play on my computer and catch up a little on my favorite blogs ... like yours!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST finished Before Ever After today and would definitely recommend it as a plane-read. Good story with a happy ending.

    Other good books with happy endings, good for a plane: What Alice Forgot, Joy for Beginners, The School of Essential Ingredients.

    Yay for not paying for broken things - there are a few benefits to renting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying alone is heaven! I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn...kind of a dark read, but definitely a page turner. I'm in the midst of In the Kingdom of Men by Kim Barnes and really like it as well. Let us know if you stumble across any good books too.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!