Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The craft closet

I have two weeks of daily summer babysitting left before my babysitter goes back to grad school, leaving me distraught and scrambling to entertain my children.  I made up a list of projects I'd like to get done before she leaves.  One of them was cleaning out the craft closet.

Here it is in all its glory.


Oofa.
Irksomely, that wire rack is ONE INCH too big to turn sideways in the closet.  Grr. It was two squares across, so I unbuilt the second row of squares, made it one square taller, and put it back in. I couldn't go any higher because the back of the closet is slanted. 

Here it is, cleared out and empty.


Here are the contents all over my dining room and living room.  Everything, by the way, had a fine coating of glitter on it.  I hate glitter.  A few months ago my oldest child decorated my dining room chairs with glitter glue. Which I discovered when I sat on them.  In my new jeans.  Which were unintentionally bedazzled. 



This was one of those projects where about five minutes into it I thought, "ugh, what possessed me to do this? I could be peacefully reading the innernets on my sofa, enjoying a tasty beverage and chocolate treat." 

Two hours later, all back in. And largely glitter-free.


There will be more paper in the bottom square, as soon as I figure out a bin for it.

Are they organized into beautiful matching bins with pretty tags and nicely styled for my blog? No.  They are organized into bins I already had.  FREE, peoples.

Next house has wide, shallow closets instead of deep, narrow closets.

I don't think I'm getting much else on that list accomplished.

 

1 comment:

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!