Monday, March 7, 2011

book ledges in the kids' room are done!

And I have to say they are awesome.

The before:

and the after:








I've wanted to do these shelves ever since I saw this inspiration picture a few weeks ago.  We used eight Ribba shelves from Ikea. These take up much less room than the bookshelf and changing table that were in the space originally.

The blue sun at the top is from Costa Rica and was a gift from my mother in law.  I'm so pleased that it goes so well with the bedding in the kids' room.  

The room is almost done.  The only thing remaining is to find some art for over the dressers.  I'm debating between blown-up posters of the kids (I want!) or using some art we already have (free!).   Big reveal soon, I hope.

Whatcha think?  

8 comments:

  1. So love this idea, and I think it looks great! It's a fantastic way to let kids really see all the different, fun books they have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I just did this except I had to make my own cause I have no Ikea near by. But the concept is great it really is easier for them. Well at least easier for mine to destroy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it! Can you tell me if they are the 55cm ledges or the 115cm. You can find me at mediocremum.com will check back though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mediocre Mum--They are the 2 of the longest ones side by side, although we had to cut the one side down to fit the space.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!