Tuesday, March 22, 2011

shower curtains

Since the Mister is oppressing me by not allowing me to paint the bathroom pink, I will engage in some retaliatory shower curtain shopping.

This white and charcoal one would go nicely with the gray and yellow in that bathroom:

but I prefer a pretty pattern.

This chevron shower curtain from Maison Boutique (in yellow) is what I would love, and someday, I WILL have these (in yellow) chevrons as curtains in my next house:



But $90 for a shower curtain is over my budget.  I was thinking $50 for the entire bathroom, including new bathmats and some art.  Ok, maybe $100 for the whole thing.  Maybe.  That assumes I find something I like.   Which I probably won't, seeing as I'm not all that fond of gray.  It would be cheaper to just buy a $30 gallon of pink paint.

I did learn to sew recently, I could try making the yellow chevron one myself. (Hahahaha....) The shower stall is 48 inches wide, and the fabric is 54 inches wide....not a lot of room to make mistakes.  Which I'm sure I will.

Joi at Nuestra Vida Dulce made her own chevron curtains, with paint.  I could buy a plain white shower  curtain and paint chevrons on it, although I have my doubts about how precise my efforts would turn out. Especially since attempting stripes in my bathroom defeated me.  Imagine me trying to evenly paint a zig-zag.  Math is not my friend.

Do you think that a painted shower curtain would work in a bathroom room that gets very moist (10 points for using the M word) and steamy?  Or am I just asking for trouble?

If I can't paint the bathroom pink, I don't really want to paint at all. So I need a shower curtain that goes with gray floor and yellow walls.

So here is where I would put all the gray and yellow shower curtains I would like to put in the bathroom, except I CAN'T FIND ANY.  Seriously.  I can't find a single yellow and gray shower curtain online, except for one on Etsy I didn't like.  Seeing how freaking popular the yellow/gray combo is at the moment, and that Target has an entire bedding line devoted to those colors, you'd think they might have a shower curtain?  No. At least, not in any of the Targets around here.

Retaliatory shower curtain shopping DENIED.  

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree! Target never puts their good stuff online for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you find a sheet that you like? You could hang it in front of a clear shower curtain that you can buy for $5 at Wal-Mart. You just need to put grommets in the sheet. There is a tool for that at Jo-Ann's.

    Or, painting one would not be all that bad. Lay it out flat, mark off equal distances across the curtain. Make masking tape chevrons. Roll on the yellow paint. Yep, it would be tedious, but it would be yellow and white chevrons for cheap. If you use acrylic paint, it will be permanent.

    I am used to doing things on the cheap for ministry projects at church. It is amazing the things you can do if you put your creative juices to it.

    Good luck!
    Kim (from BYW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because you used the "M" word and blatantly bragged about it...I will offer no help to your dilemma (not that I had one...but if I did, I wouldn't tell you!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chevron shower curtain = love!

    West Elm has a gray and white striped shower curtain and a yellow and white striped shower curtain. While both colors aren't on the same one, maybe one of those would work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. last year remember burlington coat factory had that super pretty yellow and grey shower curtain like 2 weeks after i bought the blue and grey one i currently have. i almost went to bcf to buy it anyway. i wish i had. i still think about that shower curtain. i bet you wish i had now too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often times use window coverings for shower curtains. It's all the same....and may expand your options for fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realize this post was a year ago, but the sad thing is- there STILL arent any yellow and gray shower curtains! Ive been looking for months!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!