Monday, March 21, 2011

fabric scale

Last week I ordered some fabrics from Fabric.com:

Metro Living Tile Garnet

Metro Living Tile Natural


Kaufman Luca Teal

Despite the fact that the little ruler on the bottom clearly shows that the scale of the fabrics are very different, I didn't really notice that.  I also was thinking that they were all upholstery weight.

Well.  They aren't the same scale, nor are they all upholstery weight.


The middle one (the Kaufman Luca) is upholstery weight and a lovely fabric, but too big a print for the chair I wanted to put it on.  The smaller tile prints are not upholstery weight.  Also, the Mister didn't like any of them.

So....I guess I'm adding all of these fabrics to my brown bag of fabrics in the closet until I can find another project for them..





2 comments:

  1. O dang, another problem with ordering online! How they trick us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,

    sorry they weren't what you were looking for. Do you still have the Luca in teal?

    Best,
    Gosia

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!