Sunday, March 20, 2011

Honeycomb/peacock mirror (or, my foyer, version 426)

I've had my eye on this Honeycomb mirror from Pier 1 for ages.


Its a knockoff of a much more expensive mirror from Wisteria.  I remember the first time I saw this was a few years ago in a Domino spread of Liz Lange's apartment, decorated by Jonathan Adler.  And you know what?  I didn't really like it at the time.  But I've since changed my mind.

image via apartment therapy

The Pier 1 mirror finally went on sale last week.  And promptly sold out.  I called every single store that the website showed had it in stock.  Most were hours from here.  Only floor models were still available, and multiple salespersons told me "we can ship it FedEx, but we don't have a box for it so we wrap it in bubble wrap, and it will probably be broken by the time it gets there." (WTH???)  When I called the store closest to me, the salesperson told me theirs was damaged, and I could come look at it, but she had THREE OTHER PEOPLE  on hold AT THAT MOMENT calling about the same mirror.  Yeesh.

The store at the Christiana mall in Delaware (over two hours from here) had one that was minimally damaged (a few of the outer mirrors were missing).  My sister lives in DE, so I bought it over the phone and my little sister brought it up this weekend.

A few of the mirrors were missing, so I got a 20% discount and am pretty happy with the price I paid.  I popped out one of the little mirrors, took it to a glass cutting store, and got replacement mirrors for $10.  And here it is:












6 comments:

  1. The mirror looks great! I love it - and, it's always better when you can snag a deal, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! The mirror looks great! I love your fabric pattern choices too, it's a bummer they weren't upholstery weight. I'll have to check out fabrics.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mirror looks fantastic in your space! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's perfect for your space. Your determination definitely paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I ended up running into the same situation with this mirror. I need to find 3 replacement mirrors. Were you able to find somebody that was able to cut you these small round shapes? I cannot find anyone around me (Columbus, OH) that is able to do this small of a size!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael, I just popped out one of the other mirrors and took it to a commercial glass place. They were able to cut the new mirrors.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!