Friday, July 15, 2011

coffee tables

Eventually I'd like to get a new coffee table for our living room.  I've been thinking about this for months now, because I can't figure out which kind to get.  (Everything I buy for myself requires months of pondering.) The rug in our living room has a striking pattern, so I didn't want something too big, or something that would cover up too much of the pattern.  The Mister and I like to put our feet up while we watch tv, and our kids have been known to use our ottomans as a launching pads, so no glass tops or lucite.

This one from West Elm has recently caught my eye:



For some reason I really love the industrial look on coffee tables, although I'm not a huge fan of it on much else.

from Home Decorators

What I love about this industrial one is that the bottom is open, so that while there is a a decent amount of space on top for eating on or infiltrating enemy lines in a toy soldier battle, the bottom is open so that the rug is still showing.

from Home Decorators


I'd love to get a tufted otttoman, but I'm afraid its too big for the space and would cover too much of the rug pattern.

from Ballard Designs
I like them all and cannot decide. Your thoughts? Seen any awesome coffee tables lately?

1 comment:

  1. The 3rd one is my favorite.

    The 1st is intriguing, but I winder about the size.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!