Friday, July 29, 2011

round mirrors for my bedroom

The problem with decorating an entire house at once is that you are working on 8 gazillion things at once.  This is also the first house I have actually sat down and thought out designs for each room, so that I have a cohesive picture in my head of what I want to do in each room.  While helpful, it really just makes me think that I have a massive running punchlist of stuff to do.

For instance, this weekend I'd like to build my bed that is currently sitting in boxes behind my sofa, attach the headboard that is out in the garage, finish making curtains for my master bedroom, hang curtain rods in the master bedroom, hang curtain rods in the dining room, get to Ikea for some curtains, finish hanging the the shelves in the dining room....don't even get me started on the hot mess that is our kitchen.

One of the things on my punchlist is to find a round mirror for the master bedroom. I would really like to use my nailhead mirror, but its too big for the space (my bedroom is teeny-tiny).  I am undecided between a natural, woodsy finish, or something bright and colorful.  Decisions, decisions.

I love Ballard's selection of mirrors.  I really like this bone mirror.  I love how it brings a natural element into the room without being all wood grainy, and its sophisticated but doesn't feel overly formal.



This oversized starburst mirror is lovely, but might be too big.  Rather than pay this much money for it I would first attempt (beware, crafting ahead!) this starburst mirror tutorial.


This white Portofino mirror is interesting:


As much as I like the above mirrors, I'm kind of leaning towards this $30 mirror I saw on Craigslist.  Its not quite round but not quite square, and I think it would look fabulous in a navy or coral color.


Plans for today's nap: finish my bedroom curtains!  They are coming out FABULOUSLY, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. I love the Craigslist mirror! It really would look fantastic painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I like all of them. You can't beat $30 though. And, you can make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooove the Craigslist mirror. So scallopey and cool! Get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that Craigslist mirror... that's a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!