Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On the occasion of my 37th birthday

I am 37 today.

That feels really old.

At 36, last year, I felt....older, but not OLD.  36 is mid-thirties.  37 is LATE thirties.  37 is nearly 40. And 40 is practically one foot in the grave, no?  Only another forty years till I hit life expectancy.  My life is HALF OVER.

I am considering joining this town's equivalent of the Junior League, but am horrified to learn that I am thisclose to being TOO OLD for it. Apparently my gray hairs negate the "junior" part of the league.

I received a lovely necklace from the Mister, along with a pretty new leatherbound notebook.  We had a playdate with one of Greg's friends, who we love, Grandma came for dinner, and there was cake.


No, we did not set fire to the lawn in lieu of lighting the candles on my cake.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I have my 37th bday to look forward to this year too. We are NOT old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I like that family picture. Very cute.

    I have slowly changed from thinking 30 is old to thinking you're not old until you're 70. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late in wishing you a happy birthday, but closing in on (wait, let me think about this a second...) 44 means I've sometimes got a tendency to be slow on the draw and, what was it I was going to say? Oh, yes. Forgetful.

    :)

    It looks like it was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very belated happy birthday! Glad you had a good one & set nothing on fire.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!