Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Comparisons

I want to be the kind of mom who whips up awesome homemade costumes from scratch, but I'm the mom muttering "f*ck, f*ck, f*ck" in the costume aisle of Target a few days before Halloween.

I want to be the person who uses Envirosax recycled bags at the grocery, but I'm the person who leaves her Envirosax bags in the back of the car every. single. time.

I want to be the kind of mom who uses cloth diapers, but I'm the person who ordered a ton of cloth diapers, used them for two days, and decided the 15+ loads of laundry a week I already did was enough without adding washing hazmat materials to my weekly duties.  

I want to be a better writer, but I recognize when someone takes the thoughts out of my head and says them better than me.  So I'll just say go read Lawyerish's Pass the Cheez-Its. Its what I've been thinking lately.  And she uses the word quotidian--how can you resist?

1 comment:

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!