Friday, October 22, 2010

The dining room, part 487

I finally won an ebay auction on my PB Audrey curtains.  Woohoo.  I have hung the curtains in the dining room, and they look fantastic. I used curtain rings this time, and I like how it makes them drape.  I really want pinch-pleat curtains next time, but this gives a similar look.

Weirdly, there looks like there is a peachy undertone on the walls and the curtains, but in real life there isn't. 

I took the fabric panels out of the back of the bookshelves.  I can't find any fabric I like for under $25 yard, and I don't want to spend that, so I guess they are staying plain blue for now. I think the objects on the shelf are actually easier to see without the fabric, so I'm living with that for the moment. 



The chairs were recovered in a soft brown.

I'm really happy with the way the whole thing turned out. 

*************************
As long as we are on the topic of dining rooms, I love this table, chairs and sideboard from the blog Twoellie:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!