Thursday, October 28, 2010

dumb stencil question

 I have finally finished painting the foyer for the 407th time.  Its now Benjamin Moore Decorator White.  Soon it will have a stencil on it. Maybe.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use the stencil correctly, and the instructions do not address my question. Its a giant stencil, about 2 feet by 3 feet.  Suppose I paint the stencil on the wall, and want to continue up the wall to repeat the design....do I have to wait for it to dry before moving the stencil up?  I need to match up the design, but there is about a one inch border of plastic all the way around the design.  Matching up the design would mean that the one inch plastic border would be resting on wet paint.  

If I have to wait for this damn thing to dry in order to repeat the pattern, this is going to take me ten years to do the whole foyer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!