Friday, September 16, 2011

Felt Flora art

I've been looking for art for a few spaces in my house.  I feel that I have enough photos and little tchotchkes.  While I don't have a specific thing in mind, I am looking for something that has depth, dimension and texture to it.  Something with a sculptural quality to it.  Not giant cement statues, but something woven, or wooden, or layered, and can be hung on the wall.  One possibility that fulfills these requirements is these fake Cameroon juju hats I've mentioned before.

Today I was reading Kim Myles's blog (of Design Star and Myles of Style fame), and she showcased these felt floral thingamabobs sold on etsy.  I think these are SO COOL.


I'm not positive, but I think the two above are actually two panels together, as they are sold per square foot.  

There's a large number of colors to choose from, and you can put more than one together for larger installments, like this enormous one:


Neat-o, right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I think those large installments are really nice. Let us know what you end up doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous! I haven't seen anything like that! I guess you would have to dust them or run a lint brush over them every now and again, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!