Friday, September 2, 2011

the weekend to-do list

Doesn't everyone do home improvement on holiday weekends?  What? You relax and have a bbq?  We don't do that sort of thing around here. We prefer back-breaking manual labor.

I'd keep procrastinating on these projects forever, but my son's birthday party is next weekend, which means there will be people in my house, and thus I am shamed into finishing all projects I have started and abandoned.

1. Finish painting the kitchen.  Blarg.


2. Paint the electric green china cabinet a soothing blue. I have been procrastinating on this one because I want to put mirrors in the doors, but the interior shelves were built over top of the side panes of glass, so to do the side panes I will have to dismantle the entire inside...and that seems like a lot of work.  Would silverleafing the side panes look dumb if the front panes are mirrors?  I have not yet figured out what to do with this.



3. Finish installing the picture ledges in the dining room.



4. Install the kitchen cabinet.  The handyman we hired has flaked out on us, so we will be doing it ourselves.  Pray that our marriage survives.



5. Bonus project: pick up some bookshelves and Billy bookshelf doors at Ikea.  This is not a high priority project but its the one I want to do the most.  If I get all the other crap done, this is my reward--restyling the bookshelves.

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!