Wednesday, September 28, 2011

shower curtain: the one that got away

I've been searching for a shower curtain for the downstairs bathroom. I don't think I've ever posted a picture of the bathroom on the blog, but it has this fairly ugly dark green tile on the floor, with a matching row of dark green tile running around the middle of the wall.



My landlords must love this green, its the same as the rug upstairs.

Decorating around the green has proved challenging.  No one seems to be using hunter green as a popular color these days.  Tobi Fairley has put out a lovely line of kelly green fabrics that might work, but I can neither afford her fabrics nor does she make a shower curtain with those fabrics to my knowledge, so we will just have to admire from afar.

I found the perfect curtain at Urban Outfitters:



Lots of green that won't clash with the green tile, but also tons of happy yellows and blues and pinks.

Aaaaaand its out of stock, never to be ordered again, according to Urban Outfitters. Can't find it on ebay, or craigslist, or anywhere else, and waaaaah.

Today I went to the Urban Outfitters website, and saw the curtain, and saw that it was in stock, and excitedly emailed my sister that HEY THAT CURTAIN WE LOVE IS BACK IN STOCK and so I ordered two, one for her and one for me, and then I was looking at my order confirmation and it said Woodland Garden Curtain.  Not SHOWER curtain, just curtain.  And I went back and looked a wee bit more closely and oh crap, I ordered the wrong thing.  Hey sister! Remember how we were all excited about that shower curtain?  Get unexcited.

The search continues.



1 comment:

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!