Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Princess's room, mostly finished

Princess's room has been 98% done for a while.  There's a few more things I'd like to do in there, but for now, here's what it looks like:


As you can see, its not a very big room.  I think its about 9x11, and it doesn't have a closet.  Luckily Princess refuses to wear dresses, so all her clothes fit in a dresser.


The inspiration for this room came from the Pottery Barn Kids drapes that I picked up earlier this year.  This print came out when I was pregnant with Peter, but since we were having a boy, I had no need for it.  Even though Princess was sharing a room with the boys in our old apartment, I bought a pair of these curtains when I discovered that PB was discontinuing the print.  Then I had to scour ebay to find another pair when it turned out the new house had two windows in her room, not just one.  I wish that I had been able to find 96 inch curtains so that I could hang them above the window molding, but maybe one day I'll get around to adding more material to the bottom.





As you can see, the light in the pictures varies dramatically.  Its been a difficult room to shoot; I've been taking pictures of it for weeks, trying to get the far wall not to be dark and underexposed.  I've finally gotten a good shot of it.



The previous tenants had a little boy in this room, which is why those sports balls are on the door...they seem to be adhered with incredibly strong glue, as I have been unable to get them off without damaging the door underneath.





The one project remaining in here is something over the crib. I have thoughts of attempting to DIY a monogram, but have been in no particular hurry to get it done.


The source list for this room:
The crib: no-name, bought from a toddler and teen place after discovering Peter's drop-side crib was a death trap
Curtains: the Emmy pattern from Pottery Barn Kids, you can still find some on Ebay
Rocker: discontinued Lullaby rocker from PB Kids
Dresser: Malm six-drawer dresser, painted with an ombre treatment of Benjamin Moore's Autumn Red mixed with Decorator White
Mirror: Homegoods
Bookshelves: Ikea Bekvam spice rack
Rug: Overstock, you can find a similar one here

You can read more about the individual projects in this room:
Mood boardDressershoe memento box and tissue poms, spice rack shelving, ribbon trimmed roller shades, matriyoshka dolls, stripe paintings, orange dresser, rug fail, curtains and paint

***********
I'm linking up to the Roomspiration party at ala mode.  Check it out, there have been some fabulous rooms in these parties so far!




9 comments:

  1. Wow it looks really great. The rug looks similar to one that I bought. Is it soft? Mine is not which I was kind of bummed about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff, the rug is not soft, those dhurries never are. Its held up pretty well but its on the scratchy, thin side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty curtains and I like all the accesories. The stripe paintings are a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's super fun and cute! The ombre dresser is a nice change from a solid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute nursery and LOVE the transitioning pink dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you've been able to accomplish in that tiny bedroom, it's very impressive! That dresser is super cute. You may try using a hair dryer on those stickers, the heat often soften/melts the glue so it's easier to remove

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her room has come together so well! The curtains are super-cute and look great with your ombre dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Those drapes and the ombre dresser are my favorite parts! You did a great job on this room!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!