Monday, April 15, 2013

the Craft Cabinet

On Friday night I went to the Craft Cabinet, hosted by Jules and Andrea.  I had such a good time at the last one I couldn't miss this one.



I met up with Kelly from The Reading Nest beforehand. I met Kelly at the last Craft Cabinet and I was excited to hang out with her again.  She was gracious enough to hang out at the restaurant waiting for me for over an hour, since I was unbelievably late.  GoogleMaps told me it would take me 25 minutes to get to the restaurant.  I gave myself an hour to get there, and it took me ONE HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES. (So embarrassing. So sorry Kelly!) (GoogleMaps LIES.) (SoCal traffic really is like that REM video where Michael Stipe is walking on the car roofs. I was watching the Angels game as I crawled past the stadium.)


I learned to paint with watercolors.  My three year old has better understanding of composition and color theory than I do, but I had a good time.


My third attempt was a little better.


The rest of the weekend was spent running back and forth to the new house and trying to find a plumber to fix the water leak that caused All The Mold we just had remediated.  But the painter is starting tomorrow and that means the house is one step closer to being pretty!

How was your weekend?


3 comments:

  1. Ha! That looks like fun. I've only painted with oil before. Watercolors are so pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you need to start driving the day before :). I love the look of your watercolor. Now I wan to catch up on your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, it was great to catch up, and I actually only waited about 20 minutes or so at the bar. (I was shopping.) In your new place, you'll be a lot closer to me on the southern end of things, so hope to meet up again --- without Friday rush-our traffic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!