Tuesday, April 23, 2013

two more days

One morning in June of 2006, Greg and I sat in a South Jersey diner in with my parents for breakfast. Greg was about a year old, and we had moved about two weeks earlier from our condo to a 120+ yer old side hall colonial. I was telling my parents that our movers, upon seeing our new "old" house,  had told us our condo was nicer and we should have stayed there. (They weren't that wrong--I would later sell the side hall colonial at a significant loss.) 

I had an entire conversation with my parents about our future plans to live in that house forever, how the Mister's career was in Philadelphia, my career as a law professor was in southern NJ, obviously we were never going to go anywhere and besides I HATE moving and we were NEVER MOVING AGAIN SO HELP ME.  

In two days I will be moving for the fourth time since that conversation.  And I still feel pretty much the same way--I hate moving and so help me I never want to do this again.  However, experience has taught me that I probably shouldn't say NEVER AGAIN.  Lets just say that I sincerely hope that we aren't moving again for a mighty long time.  Like, three or four years, at least. 


The painting at the new house isn't finished, and probably won't be until after we move in.  The mold company is supposedly finishing up tomorrow.  The carpets will be cleaned tomorrow. I will also be cleaning the floors and bathrooms tomorrow, and hopefully contact-papering the kitchen.  We finish packing on Wednesday, and Thursday we move.   

See you on the flip side, invisible internet friends.  

 

8 comments:

  1. Lisa -- good luck moving!!

    We're officially moving in to our new place on Wednesday, too.

    See you soon
    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you! You just put my basement organizing project into perspective, so thank you! As unpleasant and as difficult as my project is, it cannot compare to the sheer scale of yours. I wish I could help you. See you on the flip side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Moving sucks but think of all the fun things you'll be able to do to your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes on your move! May this be one of your last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Navy spouse I completely sympathize with the constant moves as we tend to move every three and a years or so. It sounds like you are a pro! I always think of how exciting it is to tackle the new challenges of each home and having a blank canvas. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not all invisible....good luck, and I won't ever predict moving, either. The good side of moving is that you usually get rid of a bunch of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she wishes to be available that in detail, thus that
    thing is maintained over here.

    My web blog :: safe diets

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there are using Wordpress for your site platform?

    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.

    Do you require any coding expertise to make your own blog?

    Any help would be really appreciated!

    my webpage http://re-visionfarm.org/new-fashion-trends-with-cheap-asian-clothing/

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!