Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a few things tangentially related to AC Moore

On my way to AC Moore (a craft store) today, I was singing along to "Band of Gold," and got to thinking about the lyrics.


We kissed after taking vows
That night on our honeymoon
We stayed in separate rooms
I wait in the darkness of my lonely room
Filled with sadness filled with gloom
Hoping soon
That you'll walk back through that door
And love me like you tried before


Um...why did he leave? Was he impotent--"love me like you tried before"?  Why were they in separate rooms after getting married? Can someone explain this song to me? (I have a long history of misinterpreting song lyrics, so feel free to tell me if I'm totally missing an obvious point. My sisters can refrain from mocking me, I'm only taking taunting from internet strangers today.) 


We walked into AC Moore and I jumped about a foot, because I thought this was real:



There may have been some girlish shrieking. And then some feeling self-conscious. Cuz I'm all about feeling like an idiot this week.  

I was at AC Moore looking for a....cricut, I think?  A little thingy that punches a shape out of paper?  Except I don't want girly butterflies. I want something manly, like trains.  I would like to do this project for the boys room (ergo, the trains, not butterflies).  (This looks so easy, go check it out on Sixty-Fifth Avenue's blog.)


AC Moore only has girly flowers and butterflies in their cricut section.   Ideas or online sources on where I can find a train?  There are zero crafty stores around here. 

6 comments:

  1. i wont even make fun of your lyrics interpreting history (such as bruce's river)...

    for your train project - ask mom if she has a train. she has a die cut. not sure if it's cricut? but she has lots of shapes. possibly including a train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom has a cricut. I bet she has a train.

    Sadly jess stole my bruce song I wanted to mock you for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no wedding day smiles, no walk down the aisle--they did NOT get married! They just lived in sin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. Mother, do you have a train cricut thingy I could borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a bat?!?! I would have been freaking out, too.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!