Friday, September 24, 2010

a room of my own

In the next house, I hope to have a home office in its own room.  Right now I have a desk tucked under an eave in my living/dining room, and while it serves its purpose, I'd love to have a pretty room of my own. 

Two rooms in my inspiration file are Kristen's office from 6th Street Design School:


Its just such a delightful space---the floral curtains with the trim on the roman shade, the parsons desk with the ghost chair, the glam chandelier--even the cube unit is functional but pretty at the same time. 

Here's another beautiful office, from Emily A. Clark (you should click over and read the whole office makeover):


 So gorgeous, love this room, especially the campaign dresser.  I've been hunting craigslist for months since seeing this picture, but no dice. 

Hmm...now that I'm looking at them side by side, I guess my office is going to have floral curtains, an Expedit bookshelf and a West Elm parsons desk.

1 comment:

  1. Those are 2 of my favorite offices too. They are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!