Thursday, September 30, 2010

Those new curtains I wasn't supposed to buy...

Remember my post a few days ago about wanting new curtains?  I found two Pottery Barn Audrey curtains on craigslist!  The Mister went to Brooklyn to pick them up after work last night.   And I was right, they look awesome.








I also grabbed some blue trellis fabric from my stash and reupholstered the chair cushion (see how it used to look here). I had juuuuust enough fabric for the chair seat by mere threads.

But!  I think the curtains help make the red chair, purple sofa and blue rug look a bit more cohesive.

Sadly, I only found two curtains on craigslist.  Waah. Now I just have to figure out where I can get two more for cheap.  I tried hanging the curtains on the other side of the room by the dining table:



I took the Robert Allan fabric out of the back of the bookshelf, but I think it needs something...I dunno....like a trellis stencil in the back or something.  Plus I forgot there's a hole in the back behind that red piece on the bottom.  Guess I should patch that.


The reason all my stuff looks trashed--Peter eating chocolate cake on my newly reupholstered chair:

1 comment:

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!