Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Poll on chairs?

I currently have fourteen dining chairs of varying styles. (Seventeen if you count the red shield ones I screwed up with the citristrip out in the garage. I really should walk them out to the curb.)

Thus, even though none of them is what I want for my two desk chairs, I find it difficult to justify buying two new chairs for my desk. 

So! I will just have to suck it up and make do with what I got. 

Here's what I got:



The one on the far right, with the black seat? That will be going in my dining room.  I have six of those (remember when I got them off craigslist?), and I am currently in the process of repainting them. I will be recovering the seats in red vinyl or oilcloth (learned my lesson there---upholstered dining chairs with messy kids = stupid idea).  

For my desk, I am left with the current dining chairs (the white with blue upholstery) or our old dining chairs (the dark stained mission style). 

Options are:

1) The upholstered chair would be painted red and reupholstered with this coral print fabric:




My fear with this is that I then have two different style bamboo chairs in the room (our living room and dining room are one big room.)  Too much bamboo?

2) Paint the mission chairs red.  No cushions.



Leave a comment---red bamboo chair or red mission chair?  Keep in mind the dining chairs on the other side of the room are white bamboo.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. or... just to add another choice in there - use the mission chair and add a cushion to it. as long as the seat unscrews, you should be able to buy foam and upholster. that's my plan for my dining chairs, whenever i actually have time for a project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. OH MY. That's an interesting thought.

    Arg. I need less decisions, not more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say upholstered chair -- seems like it would be more comfortable. And I don't think it's too much bamboo.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!