Thursday, August 11, 2011

colors for the china cabinet

I picked up some paint samples for the china cabinet:




Normally I tend towards bright, deep tones when painting furniture, like the Bella Blue on the antique secretary.  Here, however, the curtains are dark, the sideboard is staying black, and the table is a dark wood.  While I'd like some color on the china cabinet, I don't want to go overly dark this time.  I'm thinking a medium-tone blue, like the Gossamer Blue (the upper right corner).

This room is coming along.  I'd like to have it done before Greg's birthday party in September.  Things that remain to be done:

New light fixture
Paint china cabinet
Replace glass panes on china cabinet with mirrors
New lamps (or lampshades?) on sideboard
Art over sideboard
Hang remaining five shelves on other side of window
Put pictures on shelves
Pelmet for middle window over sideboard
Paint raw edges of shelves
Put away all the junk that needs to hide in the china cabinet
Art by doorway
Find handy magical elf to accomplish all of this in four weeks



4 comments:

  1. I was going to say the Gossamer Blue too! I really like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Gossamer or the Paradiso. I love the Hemlock, but that looks like the same dark blue that's in the curtains. Go Gossamer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Gossamer too & am with you on using a lighter color amidst the darks you already have, though that hemlock is my very favorite color, like, totally ever :-).

    And can I just say hats off to all the DIY-ing you manage along with the moving and the three kids and the husband etc..

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!