Wednesday, April 20, 2011

animal doorknockers

Recently I was searching for lion head ring pulls for my black sideboard.  I have yet to find ones in the size I want for a price I want to pay (well, I found them here, but they are sold out.)  However, when looking for large lion head ring pulls, what comes up most often is lion head doorknockers.  I was discussing this with my sister, and it turns out she was looking for a doorknocker, and that set me off on a foray into animal doorknocker-land.  There are some totally awesome doorknockers out there, did you know that?  

Like this lion head:



 this dragonfly:

or a horse:

or this bird


or a fish:


Bailey at Peppermint Bliss used this Anthropologie fox knocker and turned it into this:

How about this awesome eagle on a door? 
image via Holly Mathis Interiors
I'm dreaming of the day we have a house of our own and can paint the front door a vibrant color and put up a cool doorknocker.  

5 comments:

  1. My friends have a deer head knocker. I have always thought it was awesome! I love the Dragonfly myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted a new door for SO LONG. I have the door paint, and I have the door knob. I have wreaths picked out, and I have decorations picked out, and now I have a doorknocker picked out. (The bird.) I just need...the door. Sigh. Why are DOORS so expensive? I need something to happen to mine that necessitates replacing it. Obviously. Maybe I could pay someone to light some small portion of it on fire or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth--how ugly is your door? You couldn't just paint that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the selection! I just found your fabulous blog through Bryn's- love the rug in the living room- I have the same curtains in my living room!

    I'm your latest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My door, HA. It is installed UPSIDE DOWN. And is made of some mysterious plastic substance, and has no windows. Let's not get into the HORRIBLE metal rusted ghetto security screen door that's in front of it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!