Friday, April 1, 2011

weekend reading

1)  First a thank you to Elizabeth at Princess Nebraska, who figured out my weird "password required" problem. Go read her blog, its very funny.  Anyone who can work in a diamond-encrusted toilet into a discussion about hardwood floors is worth reading.  (My sister Sarah also diagnosed the problem, but Elizabeth got there first.)

2) I spend a fair amount of time window shopping pretty things.  I run plenty of items past the Mister, whose first reaction is frequently "Don't we already have a mirror/pillow/sofa/rug/dining table?"

Apparently Nicole Richie's husband says  the same thing.  I got a giggle out of Joel Madden making Nicole Richie return $3000 pillows.

3) I recently came across a blog called Peppermint Bliss, and its fantastic. Bailey, author of the blog, is pregnant, and has rounded up a number of design bloggers to create moodboards for her unborn daughter's nursery.  I have bookmarked all of them for the day the Princess gets her own room.  See them here, here, here,  here, and here.

4)  I just came across this amazing poetry slam by Katie Makkai.  If you have daughters, and three and half minutes, this is worth the watch, especially the last thirty seconds. There might be an F word or two.




Have a nice weekend, peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!