Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday list: stomach virus, picture frames, David Sedaris and the Oscar Meyer weiner

1) Chez Trapped is the scene of a particularly virulent (and long-lived) stomach virus.  It started with Peter last weekend (he still has it), and it looked for a while like there might be no other casualties.  After six days of hypervigilance, today I turned my back for two seconds and Princess got Peter's sippycup.  ARG.  Greg and the Mister appear to be the next victims.  I am handwashing and cloroxing like a fiend.

2)  I am in a springy, freshen things up sort of mood and am itching to paint a piece of furniture.  Sadly, my Florence Nightingale duties have taken precedence.   Florence Nightingale does a lot of really gross laundry.

3) I was perusing Jonathan Adler's website today, and came across these pretty enamel picture frames:





As we all know, I am addicted to picture frames, and oh my heavens those frames are BEAUTIFUL.

They are also $68 apiece.

Just think of the beautiful gallery wall you could make with 10 of these frames.  OR YOU COULD BUY A SOFA.

4) This one is for my dad. I am a big David Sedaris fan, and I ran across this video on YouTube of David Sedaris singing the Oscar Meyer theme song as if he were Billie Holiday.


If you aren't familiar with David Sedaris's work, his book of essays Me Talk Pretty One Day is one of the funniest things I've ever read.  Listening to him read the audio version is ten times funnier.  You can listen to an excerpt of his essay Six to Eight Black Men (discussing the Santa Claus beliefs of other countries) here, or you can read it here. (If you search on YouTube you can find a 3 part audio that has the entire essay; its pretty long.) 

1 comment:

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!