Tuesday, April 26, 2011

sconces around mirror

I've been contemplating putting sconces on either side of my dining room mirror.

I'm not really a fan of plug-in sconces, with the wires hanging down, so that sort of limits things.  We're also in a rental, so I'm not really wanting to hardwire sconces in.  I'm not even wedded to the idea that sconces would have to be lighting--they could be purely decorative, or candle sconces.  I'd also like something....interesting.

This would qualify as interesting.


I love these wheat sconces in Candace Bushnell's house:
image via Dear Designer
A pineapple sconce would be cool:

This bubble crystal sconce is gorgeous, but a bit out of my price range:

This gorgeous Ravenna sconce from Ballard:


Vintage tole flowers:

Palm fronds:


This brass duck head is my favorite.  If there were two, I would get them. But there's only one.






2 comments:

  1. Love those options. I think something on either side of the mirror would be great. Those wheat sconces are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Ravenna sconce. Someone needs to start making the battery-powered equivalent of a good-looking, hard-wired sconce.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!