Monday, April 4, 2011

craigslist mirrors

When buying our craigslist chair this weekend, the seller told us to meet her at her storage unit in a shopping center.  We followed her instructions to pull around the back of the shopping center and parked behind a bowling alley.  There was no storage unit in sight.

The seller turned out to be a young woman, and she led us behind a dumpster into the basement of the building next to the bowling alley.  It had all the makings of a slasher flick, but she was about 80 lbs soaking wet, so I figured the Mister and I could take her.

Half of the basement was crammed full of furniture.  The empty half contained only the blue chair and a bookshelf.  We gave the chair the once-over, a sniff test, and decided to buy it.

I grabbed the cushion, the Mister grabbed the chair, and we started moving it out, when two mirrors caught my eye.  I asked the girl if all of the furniture was hers, and it turned out she split the storage space with a friend who owned a consignment shop.  She agreed to sell me the two mirrors, and I am now the proud owner of a federal mirror and a bullnose-ish mirror, which is super-exciting, because I have been looking for a federal mirror ever since seeing the Matters of Style house tour on Apartment Therapy.

The federal mirror lives above the blue secretary:



I don't yet have a space for the other mirror, but I'll figure out a place for it.



Princess is enjoying our new blue chair:



3 comments:

  1. Those mirrors are amazing! You hit the jackpot with that CL seller. I have to say I would be a little nervous with those shady instructions! But well worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a federal mirror so bad! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!