Sunday, April 17, 2011

pinterest

Note to self: next Saturday, do not become so engrossed in Pinterest that you forget to check whether your oldest child's baseball uniform is out of the washer until 5 minutes before you need to leave, or your child might have a cold, wet practice.  Also, you should go buy some tube socks that fit and do not make your oldest child look as if he is wearing the tube sock equivalent of thigh high stockings.

So, yes, as usual, I am tardy to the party.  No one will ever accuse me of being an early adopter of technology.  I've been seeing other bloggers talk about Pinterest for months now, but somehow I never got around to taking a look at it.  

It is AWESOME.

For a long time I have bookmarked pretty pictures into different bookmark folders, grouping them by different rooms in the house, usually.  This works but doesn't really let you SEE the pictures at glance---its more of a giant list, and you have to guess by title which of the pages you saved might have the image you're looking for.

Pinterest lets you capture the picture, and labels it with the webpage you took it from.  Its basically a giant bulletin board for your computer.  You can see everything at a glance.  You can browse other people's boards too!  Its FASCINATING.




I am a convert.  I didn't really need a new time-suck, but I've definitely got one.

I didn't think ahead--I signed up using my real name, so I'm not posting it on the blog. But if you're interested, you can email me at trappedinnorthjersey at gmail dot com and I'll send you the link to my page.   If you're on it already, let me know!  I always love seeing what others are using for inspiration. 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to follow you there -- or whatever you do on pininterest. I don't have much up yet -- I am also new to the party, but am loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!