Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rug analysis paralysis overcome

I have been completely unable to pull the trigger on any rug for our living room. I can shop forever and not decide when its for myself.  I have seen countless options, but keep thinking, hmm, what if there's something better out there?

So I called in a designer to help me.  I've been following Bryn's blog for a few years now, and I love her design style. (Check out her portfolio; if you read design blogs you've probably already seen the awesome black and white bedroom she did.)   She pulled together some options, and one of them jumped out at me immediately.  Any guesses which one?

Here's her choices and commentary:

1. Blue/Beige Leopard Rug - This rug is from Overstock and is a GREAT price. The color reminds me of the color in your current rug, but this rug gives you more texture with the leopard print. It also brings in the beige tones from your new sofa. This rug is muted but also has a graphic design and will look great with the rest of your furnishings. 


2. Mum Rug - I love this rug - it's so beautiful! It's like a work of art and the colors go really well with your room. The only "con" is that it's on the higher end of the budget and also lighter than the other options and I'm not sure how you'd feel about that with your little kiddos. 





3. Peacock Rug - What a beautiful rug! This rug is darker so it will hold up to children well. I also love the colors and the organic shape of the feathers. It pulls out a lot of the same colors you currently have in the room... especially with your new blue chair (which I LOVE by the way). It's very visually interesting and would definitely be a show stopper!




4. Platinum Medallian Rug - Another MW rug. I really love the color of this rug and it's nice and neutral and would blend in with your decor. This rug would be great if you want to go a little more subtle with the rug and you want the other items in the room to stand out.






5. Beige Shag Rug - This is an inexpensive option with the same look as the Platinum rug. Again, it's neutral and a good rug if you want your other items to take center stage. 





6. Cowhide Rug - I'm not sure if you thought about a cowhide, but a Brindle cowhide would look wonderful in your space! They are super soft, hold up well and children love them. The organic shape would look really good in your space because of the open floor plan.





I know which one I'm getting. Which would you choose?

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea, but that beige shag rug with the circles needs to come live at my house. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those WM rugs are dreamy! Love all of your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those choices are amazing. But I really like the first one and the peacock one! Which one are you going with?

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!