Thursday, May 5, 2011

crazy insane painted chiang mai dragon

I have been obsessed with the chiang mai dragon pattern from Schumacher for years now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. (Aqua colorway is my fave, but I will take any of the colorways.) It is wayyyyyy beyond my budget at about $150+ a yard.  (Someday! Someday I will have an entire room swathed from floor to ceiling in chiang mai curtains, wallpaper, upholstery, you name it.  But that day is a long way off.)

I was perusing Pinterest when I came across this UNBELIEVABLE handpainted wall, done by Danika of Gorgeous Shiny Things, a blog that is obviously being added to my reader posthaste. 


Seriously, that is just nuts.  I am in awe of that.  Come to my house, Danika!  Paint my living room!  Love you!

Unbelievable.  LOVE IT.

(apparently I am not the only one taken with this wall--I'm looking at my reader and I see a bunch of other bloggers featuring it too.  This is blowing up the internet with its awesomeness.)

2 comments:

  1. It is PRETTY AWESOME for sure! You could totally replicate that! it just might take a while;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I do not have the talent for that sort of thing. What's amazing is I think she freehanded it by just looking at it. That's way more skillz than I got. Its enough to make me want to get a projector, though, and have a giant paint by numbers party.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!