Sunday, May 8, 2011

larger night tables

Lately I've been drawn to tableaus using other furniture, such as desks or dressers or consoles, as night tables.

I really like the openness and marble top of this console table, and the opportunity for display it affords:

image via tumblr

When I rearranged the kids' bedroom, I wanted to use a green changing table as a night table between the boys' beds, like this, but there wasn't enough room:

image via hgtv

Larger tables allow for a bigger lamp, and more room to display photos (and become a catch-all for clutter, yes):
image via the decorologist

A Dorothy Draper dresser is one of my favorite examples of this:
image via Marucs Design

Making your own Dorothy Draper dresser by hacking an Ikea Rast dresser is even better:
image via Marcus Design

The Ikea Rast dresser really lends itself to being hacked as a night table:


Campaign dressers would be awesome as well:
image via Little Green Notebook

Or you could use a desk as a night table:
image via Marcus Design


Marcus Design has a great post on using desks as night tables; you can read that here.


2 comments:

  1. I think it is a great look (and functional too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, if only I had the room for that!! we couldn't go wider than 15" on our nighttables :( But how I would love to have a proper little dresser, or desk (gasp!) to put books into, hide things, oh the things I could do :) YOur inspiration pics look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!