Friday, May 6, 2011

Scalamandre Shanghai wallpaper

I had my subscription to Domino (and it folded) before I became really serious about learning about design. There's so much I missed reading these the first time around.  While I'm rereading the issues I got on ebay, I find that I recall many of the articles and features, but I'm seeing them with a totally new perspective.  Before, I liked the magazine for its cool stuff and great interiors, but now I'm really scrutinizing the pictures, trying to see what makes the interiors work.  I'm finding that half the stuff I've pinned on Pinterest is from Domino.

Also, I totally thought that Miles Redd and Steven Gambrel were old men, but they are young hip dudes.  (At least they were four years ago when their pictures were in domino.)

In any event, I am looking at the October 2007 issue, and I come across this picture:

image via Chinoiserie Chic


I must own that wallpaper.  Actually, I really want it in a fabric, so I can make it into curtains for my new dining room.  I love the oversize scale and the colors.  I want an entire picture of the foyer without the owner chick standing in it.  Give me more of the mirror and console and let me see that wallpaper in all its glory, please.



I'll put this on my wish list and keep looking for a pattern that isn't $340 per roll.  

1 comment:

  1. There is a table just like that on my local Craigslist...I would so be getting it if I had the room! Love that wallpaper too!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!