Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the playroom

I have yet to show the playroom on the blog.  That's because normally the playroom looks like Charlie Sheen's trashed hotel room (minus the ladies of the evening and the briefcase of coke).  My kids are rockstars; they can demolish the playroom (any room, for that matter) in under 30 seconds.  But I've made an attempt to clean up and record for posterity.

I don't have any before pics.  When I started with this room, there was a red Ektorp loveseat that had seen better days, white curtains with a band of blue and brown at the bottom, and a mix of turquoise blue and green baskets.  There was no attempt at "decorating"; it was simply what we had on hand when we moved in.

Then one day I decided that I NEEDED the Blad curtains from Ikea.  I'd been eyeing them for years, but hadn't ever thought of a room for them.  And the curtains had the red dots that actually tied in the red sofa.  Then it occurred to me--hello, why do I have all the green baskets in the hallway and the blue baskets in the playroom??  I switched those around, and then the room looked almost like I had planned it intentionally.

Then I got a new sofa, the red loveseat moved out, and the Purple Beast moved in.  While I detest the Beast on visual aesthetics, I will admit that it is quite comfortable, and since it has already suffered all manner of indignities over the years, I am a-ok with letting the kids put more holes in it.

Now the room looks like this:




Luckily, you can't smell this room through your computer screen. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! Love those curtains with those green bins!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!