Friday, May 13, 2011

ideas for the new master bedroom

A whole new house means a chance to do a whole new design, right? :-)

I've been daydreaming about changing up the bedding in our bedroom for a while.  Lets assume that I put keep the master bedroom on the second floor and make the ugly green carpeted attic the playroom.  That means I can do a new pretty design in the master.

I love this pink and beige room in the current Garnet Hill catalogue.  The Eileen Fisher Washed Linen collection would be so pretty...I think its because I'm just in a pink mood these days.


However, since ONE FLAT SHEET costs $165, and the pillow cases are $95 each....this collection is out of my budget.  I'm sure I could find a reasonable substitute, but the Mister has already shown a certain recalcitrance where pink is concerned.

I love this duvet on Laurel-Dawn's bed at Abode Love:


image via Abode Love

Sadly, she bought it on ebay and doesn't have the name of the pattern, and I'm unable to find it on the interwebs.  I'm pretty sure that it comes from Pottery Barn a few years ago, but if anyone knows the name of this pattern, I'd be forever indebted.

As a substitute, this Dwell Studio duvet is very similar.  (I like the nameless Pottery Barn one better because it has prettier colors, but this is a close second).  And it would go nicely with what much of what is already in the room. 



Another discontinued Pottery Barn duvet, the Eliza (available on ebay):

The Eliza would actually go quite nicely with stuff I already have, since our bedroom is currently green and blue.

This John Robshaw quilt also appears to be discontinued and unavailable anywhere (although the trellis beddingis still available):
image via bossy color blog



Alternatively, yet another discontinued duvet cover (Garnet Hill's Emperor's Dream, also not on ebay or anywhere else I can find.  Waah. I've saved this one for a while.):


Its funny, the master bedroom in the new house is currently painted a bright flaming orange, about which I am all "whoa!"  It reminds me of the color I painted our powder room a few houses ago, and my father saw it for the first time and said "its like being on the inside of a cigarette."

Anyways, there's always my favorite orange bedding, the Tea Garden from Pottery Barn (also discontinued and found on ebay!  Are we seeing a trend here.):


Or this orange bedding from ZGallerie:


Or this surprise contender from Walmart:

Oh, HONEST TO PETE, this one is freaking sold out too.  For the love.  Grr.


I swear there is an evil cabal that runs around buying up all the bedding I like.

So!  How about you all? Got any favorite chinoiserie or trellis-inspired bedding you love?  With the exception of the Dwell Studio duvets and the expensive Eileen Fisher stuff, nothing I've been hankering over is actually currently in stores.  I'm open to suggestions. 




x

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!